Friday, December 7, 2012

Chu-ko's Mouse Bites - Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Poem




I've been doing puppetry for a long time now, since I was four or five years old.  Of course, I didn't use puppets when I was a kid because I didn't have any.  So I just used my hands, just like you would if you were using a sock puppet, just... without the sock.

A lot of people - especially adults - think I'm a bit odd, but I don't care.  It's something I love to do and enjoy.  But if it is odd - and I'm not saying it is - blame my aunt Barb.  She started it all.  She would tell us stories with her hands again, sans socks.  And I've been doing it ever since.

Video taping myself while I'm doing puppets, well, now THAT is something new.  I've made a few videos before using my sister's camera and it was interesting.  And my nephew really liked them.  I just wish I wasn't so tense.  I guess it doesn't matter if I'm doing a puppet or not, I get stage fright.  I'm hoping that will improve with time because it only seems to effect me when I'm in front of a camera.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment